cover 07

Dear Dr. Sir or Madam, It is with enthusiastic interest that I submit the following materials in consideration for the VISUAL MEDIA SPECIALIST position. Without belaboring the facts spelled out in the attached resume, I’d like to highlight some of my professional qualifications. Coming into the video profession just as the digital revolution hit, I’ve been fortunate enough to work with cutting edge non-linear editing hardware and software (Avid, Smoke, Final Cut Pro, ProTools) throughout my career. As a filmmaker and advertising producer, I’ve pushed the limits of the latest technology and continue to expand my knowledge of the trade. My career has taken me to the heart of Manhattan (both as a freelance editor and copywriter for one of the largest advertising firms in New York) to an active video production management position with Charter Media, the advertising division of the nation’s third largest cable operator. I currently head the area’s premiere production facility with a bevy of national awards to prove it. As a working professional, I remain active in many aspects of the industry, both as a participant and a part-time instructor. My interest in your specific position stems from a strong family connection to Salt Lake City. We are actively looking to relocate to the area and this position would seem an obvious fit for my particular skill set. I could relocate in a very timely manner. I anxiously wait to hear your response and thank you for your time. Sincerely, Greg Walton

Comments